Description: Anonymous Call Rejection allows you to automatically reject calls from callers who use blocking capabilities to prevent their name and telephone number from being displayed. When Anonymous Call Rejection is activated, your telephone will not ring when an anonymous call is placed to your phone. The call instead is routed to an announcement and subsequently terminated. The announcement to the anonymous caller will state "Your call has been properly delivered, but the party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls from callers who do not allow delivery of their telephone number. Please hang up, do not block the delivery of your number, and call again."
To Activate this feature: Dial *77 (Dial 1177 if using a rotary or dial pulse phone)
To Deactivate this feature: Dial *87 (Dial 1187 if using a rotary or dial pulse phone)
Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR) interacts with other features as follows:
- Call Return - If you have both ACR and Call Return active, you cannot activate Call Return to a customer with a privacy feature.
- Repeat Dialing - If you have both ACR and Repeat Dialing active, you can initiate Repeat Dialing to a customer with a privacy feature.
- Call Forwarding - If you have both ACR and Call Forwarding activated, a call received from an anonymous caller will not be forwarded, but routed to the ACR denial announcement. If you have your phone Call Forwarded to a number with ACR activated, and you receive a call from an anonymous caller, the caller will be routed to the ACR denial announcement.
Call Waiting - If you have both ACR and Call Waiting activated, you will not receive a Call Waiting tone from anonymous callers.
- Caller ID
Services - If you have both ACR and Caller ID Services activated, you will not receive a call from an anonymous caller,
and the anonymous caller will be routed to the ACR
- Call Tracing - An anonymous caller who is routed to the ACR denial announcement cannot be traced.
- Call Selector - Call Selector overrides ACR. If you have both ACR and Call Selector activated, and you receive an anonymous call from someone on their Call Selector list, the call will receive distinctive ringing.
- Series Completion Hunt Group - ACR can be provisioned on any line in Series Completion Hunt Group.
- RingMaster - ACR applies to the main telephone number as well as all the RingMaster dependent numbers. If any of the numbers are called by an anonymous caller, the caller will be routed to the ACR denial announcement.
- Preferred Call
Forwarding - Preferred Call Forwarding overrides ACR. An anonymous caller who is on the Preferred Call Forwarding list will be forwarded to the remote station. If the remote
station also has ACR, then
the caller will be routed to the ACR