Description: The Call Forwarding feature enables you to have incoming calls forwarded to a different telephone number within or outside the local calling area. If the call is forwarded to a long distance number, toll charges will apply to those calls forwarded.
- Dial 72# or *72 (Dial 72 if from a rotary or dial pulse phone)
- Listen for a second dial tone, then dial the number you wish the calls to be forwarded to. If forwarding calls to a long distance number, you must dial 1 or 0 plus the area code and telephone number.
- Listen for ringing. If the call is answered, inform the answering party that you are forwarding calls to their phone number, then hang up.
- If the call is not answered or you receive a busy signal, immediately perform the previous steps above again to complete the setup of the call forwarding.
- Dial 73# or *72 (Dial 73 if from a rotary or dial pulse phone)
- Listen for two or three short tones (depending on your location), followed by a steady dial tone. In some areas, you may not hear the steady dial tone.
- Incoming calls cannot be answered when the Call Forwarding feature is activated.
- Each time a call is forwarded, the original phone will ring once as a reminder that the phone number has been call forwarded to another number.
- While incoming calls cannot be answered while the Call Forwarding feature is activated, outbound calls can still be made from the original number/phone.
- If the call is forwarded to a number that is ringing busy, the caller will receive a busy signal.